“It is very fashionable to talk about the poor so the top leaders can get more foreign aid. Unfortunately, it is not fashionable to talk with the poor to find out the reality of their struggles.”
– Sophan Seng
Based in Phnom Penh, we’ll begin our stay with a Listening and Understanding Gathering, with the goal of hearing the voice of the people, and understanding the needs of those we are there to serve.
- Pre-travel option to tutor students and/or teach English via Skype, beginning relationships that will grow once we are in Cambodia
- Working with students and teachers from Sustainable Schools International who are part of the Leadership Academy in Phnom Penh.
- Teaching English, Skill Development, Wellness, Life Enrichment
- Activities with the children and staff at Roteang Village.
- Time with the rural communities on Mekong Island and Arey Ksat, where several Ties Adoptive Family Travel groups have visited and helped at the island schools.
There are SO many amazing things to be part of in Cambodia. The people are so very warm and genuine. It’s going to be an amazing trip!
Join us for a Cambodia Service Trip
Dec. 26, 2017-January 2, 2018
(Extension to Siem Reap to visit stunning Angkor Wat if you choose)